What is Zaycon Fresh?You can think of Zaycon Fresh as a type of food co – op, and in this case specifically, a meat co-op. Have you ever been a part of a food co – op for produce or purchasing other types of foods in bulk and direct from the source? Well, it is similar in nature. Buying via a food co–op leads to higher quality due to direct relationships with the producer, fresher food again because of the direct relationship, as well as lower prices because you are cutting out the middleman (i.e. the grocery store). It's a smart food buying concept.
How does it work?This program is offered through Zaycon Fresh Foods. They are a nationwide meat co – op. It is a unique process, but the rewards in quality, freshness and value are worth the wait.
- You order your meat selection now for a pickup date 1–4 months from now. This is how a group buying system works. When many can order directly from the supplier, it drives the price down. As a result, this is done over a several month time period to ensure the requirements of the group discount price.
- You order the meats in bulk. Generally 40 lb cases at a time. Many families will also split a case.
- Sale offerings are changing all of the time. There are several options, but each option is only offered a few times per year. So the specific offerings and sales at the time of log – in will vary depending on the month!
- At the specified day/time of your local pickup, a refrigerated truck will arrive in your area.
- You will drive to your pickup location on the day and time of your pickup event, generally within 30 minutes, some locations within 5 minutes of your home and in the par king lot of a private business or organization where arrangements have been made.
- You don't even have to get out of your car. You pull – up in line. When it is your turn, roll down your window and give the driver your name, pop your trunk and they will place a plastic sheet down to protect your vehicle and load your order into your trunk.
- Drive home with your order!
- The whole process is just a few minutes, which makes it very convenient!
- Feel free to read the FAQ to help answer additional questions. Just simply scroll to the bottom of the link to click on FAQ. (Click Here)
What do I do with the meat?
- Once I get home with the meat, I go to work. I set aside time to separate and vacuum seal the meat into portion sizes I'm comfortable with. For example: I divide the ground beef into 1 or 2 lbs each. It's pretty easy to do. I slice through the chub of meat, grab the slice, and put it in the bag to seal. That's it. It's so simple and quick. With the chicken breasts, I divide into 2 or 4 breasts per bag/package. Once finished vacuum sealing, I pop them in my deep freezer until I need them. Easy Peasy.
Pictured is only 10 lbs. You get 4 of those beef chubs!
- Another great way to freeze them is to go ahead and prepare freezer meals. I love picking out my favorite crock pot recipes, popping all the ingredients in with the meat into individual freezer ziplock bags and keeping them stored in the freezer. Then when I know I'll have a busy day but still want to cook a good meal for the family, I grab one of those freezer meal bags, dump everything into the crock pot, cut it on, and walk away.
- I know some people who choose to can the meat in jars with a pressure canner. I have wanted to try this myself but haven't built up the courage to give it a go just yet. I'm fairly new to canning, but seasoned canners have so much success with this process and love it. One lady I know does a lot of camping with her husband. She brings along the canned meat to make tacos, fajitas, etc while they are camping instead of eating soup and other mundane meals.
- Here's another great use for the meat. JERKY! Holy cow Zaycon meat makes some great jerky. Slice the chicken breasts or steak to dehydrate, or you could use the ground turkey or ground beef to season and dehydrate those as strips. Sooo yummy. Those make great snacks for the kids, hubby, and even for us women who want a protein snack that's filling.
Why would I buy my meat this way instead of the grocery store?
- The cost is 30–50% less than the grocery store depending on the meat selected.
- Most all of the meat is delivered farm fresh, never frozen (there are some exceptions like the Wild Caught Alaskan Salmon, that's a little difficult to deliver fresh from Alaska). It comes directly from the farms, so it is very fresh, as opposed to meats in the grocery store going through a long journey to arrive at the store and handled by many in the process.
- The quality is compared to the higher quality options in the grocery store. The local farms are hand-picked and Zaycon is committed to providing the highest quality. If at any time a farm does not meet their strict standards, they will drop this farm and meat will not be available in this area until an acceptable replacement is found.
- It's convenient! I'm not a huge fan of going to the grocery store every single week or sometimes daily to buy meat. I enjoy the comfort of knowing my freezer is stocked whenever I need something to fix for dinner. It has saved me so much time in meal planning and prep.
- It's convenient Part 2! Food pick – up is becoming extremely popular for busy families and moms – Zaycon was doing it first! Again, I drive up, and they load my vehicle for me.
- They have a great reputation, high rating, including a great BBB.com rating (A+).
- They have been around since 2009, and growing massively in popularity because they are meeting several needs in this key area of grocery shopping and grocery budgets everywhere.
- They have one of the highest customer retention rates in any industry. The percentage of return customers exceeds industry standards. The proof is in the pudding!
How do I order?Ordering is really easy!
- Log on to the Zaycon site and register -Don't worry...it's FREE to register and there is NO obligation- or log in. (CLICK HERE)
- At the top of the page, click on shop by product or by location (enter your zipcode to find the local delivery area).
- Find the meat offerings you are interested in.
- You will find the details of the meat being offered. Click on "Purchase"
- Add as many cases as you would like.
- If there is a promo code, enter it at checkout. If you are a first time buyer, use code: FIRST25 to save $25 off your FIRST order of $99 or more. Excluding sales tax where applicable. Offer ends 11:59 pm PST on 6/15/2017. (Click Here to Buy Now)
- At secure checkout, enter your payment information.
- You will receive a confirmation email of your order and you will also see your order history under "My Account."
- Wait for your pickup date/time!
|Pork Sausage Links come to $1.83 per lb with promo code (expired)|