Friday, October 28, 2011

Give Halloween Treat Bags



I LOVE holidays!  Of course, this means I LOVE Halloween!  As a kid, we didn't carve pumpkins, and I didn't have any neighbors close by who knocked on my door to say, "Trick-or-Treat."  In other words, after we moved from the city when I was five to the country, Halloween became very boring.


Once I got married and had children, I took the celebration of Halloween to heart.  I get giddy with excitement to carve a pumpkin.  I love watching my children get dressed up to go door to door in search of candy...there's no need to mention my raiding their candy after they go to bed...hehee.  Furthermore, I wait eagerly by the door to hear the faint knock of children dressed in costume.  I know the moment I open it, they will say, "Trick-or-Treat."  


I don't want to be like the one house I went to when I was younger.  Uhhh as interesting as it is, it was also very disappointing...I got a sugarcane.  A real sugarcane!  Imagine a kid trying to find and get to the sugar in a sugarcane.  Ha!  There were also the few occasions of getting an apple or a toothbrush--I'm assuming he was a dentist.  


Soooo, what I decided a few years ago was to become the best Trick-or-Treating house on the block!  Instead of just giving candy, I give them a complete treat bag with all sorts of goodies.



I color fun, Halloween designs on the front of orange bags.  
Then fill it with the following:
  • I have all of my friends and family save the unopened toys from fast food restaurants (it is really important that they remain unopened).  
  • I print out Halloween themed word searches, mazes, and connect-the-dot pages.
  • I buy the Halloween colored mini play dough containers and add one to each bag.
  • I add a Halloween themed pencil and bookmark--education is important.
  • Then, I toss in a few pieces of chocolate and candy.
The kids LOVE getting the Halloween Treat Bags just as much as my children and I like to give them.  We always have such a good time putting them together, especially drawing the fun, spooky designs on the front.



2 comments:

  1. yOU ARE JUST TOO CLEVER......THIS SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT IDEA.....WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THIS YR'S AGO.....I LIVE IN A SUBDIVISION AND NO KIDS COME HERE.....TOO FAR FROM HOUSES I GUESS.....SO NOW I GET TO EAT ALL THE CANDY :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Mona, There is nothing wrong with eating the candy yourself. :) I will admit that when I make these bags, as I put candy in them, I make sure to save the Reeses and Kitkats for last hoping to get some for myself. :)

    ReplyDelete