My mom shared this recipe with me several years ago. She got it through Weight Watchers. I have enjoyed making these for an easy and super fast breakfast or snack whenever the craving of Autumn spices arrives. They are high in fiber, low in fat, and SUPER moist!
BTW, if you are a WW follower, I think this is suppose to have 2-3 points for a regular sized muffin but only 1 point for a mini muffin.
- box of Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Spice Cake
- 1 can (15 ounces) Pumpkin or 2 cups (just shy) of pumpkin puree
- 1 cup water
- Put all three ingredients in a bowl and mix with a spoon. You can use a mixer, but I find it is less to clean if I just use a spoon. Don't worry if there are a few small chunks of cake mix still showing...just mix as good as you can...you won't notice the difference once it is baked.
- Spoon into muffin tins sprayed with nonstick spray or lined with muffin paper cups.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Let cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. They taste the best once they have completely cooled off.