Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Dishwasher Detergent

I enjoy using my dishwasher.  I wash pots, pans, and other dishes occasionally by hand, but I really enjoy the simpleness of having a dishwasher cleaning most of my dishes.  I also enjoy the simpleness of being able to make my own dishwasher detergent.  It is so easy and saves my family money.  Don't forget to put vinegar in the rinse cycle to save even more money!

Homemade Dishwasher Detergent
      Ingredients
  • 1 cup borax
  • 1 cup Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda
  • 1/4 cup baking soda
  • 1/4 cup citric acid (can be found at Hobby Lobby) BUT if you can't find it, use 2 pkg of Lemonade Flavored Kool-Aid.  ONLY LEMON otherwise you will dye your dishwasher.

  1. Mix it all together and store in a container.  

2 comments:

  1. Wow! will tell my daughter she needs to sign up for your blog....this is wonderful info you are dishing out :).....I moved and do not own one now, but will pass this info along to all my friends and suggest they too join your blog....thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mona, Again, thank you very much! I would love to have your friends and daughter follow my blog. I will do my best to satisfy my readers. :)

    ReplyDelete