Homemade Pizza Dough
Everyone loves pizza! Kids swarm to it like bees to a hive. Even parents enjoy the indulgence of a pizza slice or two. If you are like me, you will find this goes perfectly with a night of movies curled up on the couch, while playing board games with the kids, or while hanging out around a table with friends and neighbors. Be sure to write this recipe down because it is a keeper!
- Combine yeast, sugar, salt, and dry milk in a med-large bowl.
- Add water and stir. Allow to sit 2 minutes until it is foamy on top.
- Add oil and stir.
- Add flour.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface and knead about 8-10 times. (*optional-divide to make two smaller or thinner pizzas)
- Grease pizza stone with spray or shortening.
- Place dough on pizza stone.
- Begin spreading dough out to edges of stone making sure not to flatten the very edges/leave a 1 inch edge around entire pizza.
- Spray or grease edges of pizza dough and sprinkle with garlic salt.
- Spread sauce and top with your favorite cheese and toppings.
- Bake at 475 until the cheese is bubbling and crust is light brown.