I love peaches. No, better yet...I love desserts. I would much rather eat dessert first and last. :D
I use whatever fruit is available to make desserts. With peaches in season, I try to make everything from peach pie, peach cobbler, peach cheesecake, peach souffle, etc.... Here is a peach dessert (I don't have a name for it) that is quick, cheap, and easy.
- 3-4 peaches (or any fruit) cut into slices
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 8 Tbsp butter, divided
- 1/2 cup cool whip
- *Optional 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- In a casserole dish, spread sliced fruit on the bottom, sprinkle each layer of fruit with 1/4 cup regular sugar.
- Slice butter (4 Tbsp) on top of fruit.
- In a separate bowl, combine the rest of the dry ingredients and remaining 4 Tbsp butter using a pastry blender or fork.
- Pour over fruit.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Spread or dollop cool whip on top. The heat causes it to melt in and give the dessert an extra gooeyness (I know that isn't a word but it fits).