Sunday, August 28, 2011

Peach Dessert

I love peaches.  No, better yet...I love desserts.  I would much rather eat dessert first and last.  :D
I use whatever fruit is available to make desserts.  With peaches in season, I try to make everything from peach pie, peach cobbler, peach cheesecake, peach souffle, etc....  Here is a peach dessert (I don't have a name for it) that is quick, cheap, and easy.
     Ingredients
  •  3-4 peaches (or any fruit) cut into slices
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 8 Tbsp butter, divided
  • 1/2 cup cool whip
  • *Optional 1/2 tsp cinnamon

  1. In a casserole dish, spread sliced fruit on the bottom, sprinkle each layer of fruit with 1/4 cup regular sugar.
  2. Slice butter (4 Tbsp) on top of fruit.
  3. In a separate bowl, combine the rest of the dry ingredients and remaining 4 Tbsp butter using a pastry blender or fork.
  4. Pour over fruit.
  5. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
  6. Spread or dollop cool whip on top.  The heat causes it to melt in and give the dessert an extra gooeyness (I know that isn't a word but it fits).


No comments:

Post a Comment