No Bake Granola Bars
Recently, I sent off my recipe for No Bake Granola Bars, and it was the chosen winner on a blog. (I just love Andrea's blog, so be sure to check it out.) So, are you ready for some yummy, delicious, can't get enough of them, granola bars? Great! I better warn you...they can become addicting.
- In a saucepan, mix honey or corn syrup and brown sugar. Cook over medium-high heat until sugar is completely dissolved, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and quickly stir in peanut butter so it blends in smoothly.
- Stir in the oats, cereal, flax seed, wheat germ, nuts, seeds, and fruit. Wait a few minutes on the chocolate chips or they will melt.
- Gently toss in the chocolate chips with your hands...yes, this gets messy.
- In a greased 13x9 dish, press the granola mixture out to edges.
- Pop in the refrigerator to let cool and firm up.
- Take them out, cut into bars, and serve.
Here is the recipe link on her blog. I forgot to tell her to wait a bit before mixing in the chocolate chips. Oopsies.